DIY: Tom Binns Painted Swarovski Jewelry
I’ve mentioned it a zillion times and I’ll mention it again: I Love Tom Binns. No, not the man himself (never met him), but his jewelry is hands down my favorite on the planet. He has a series of different collections – you’ve all seen me getting serious wear out of his safety pin bracelets – but it’s his painted swarovski crystal collections that have recently tied down my fickle eye.
Now, these beauties you see above are a bit steep for my bank account (they range between $600-$2,200) so I took matters into my own hands. I bought a bunch of cheap “crystal” necklaces, rummaged through my extensive nail polish collection for some bright colors, sat down in front of the tv and painted my very own Tom Binns inspired necklaces (and earrings!).
Jump on the DIY wagon and do it too! Here’s how:
- Cheap crystal necklaces you won’t mind painting (try this one or this one)
- Nail polish – preferably in bright neon colors
- Pick your colors and get painting! Try not to get too much on each crystal and keep a steady hand. Second coat is optional, though I prefer it.
- Let your colorful jewels dry!
- Wear them in every ridiculous way possible.