Posts tagged ‘bohemian’
Isabel Marant x H&M…Oh, YES!
As someone who pretty much lives in black jeans, you can imagine that I was quite skeptical about this whole printed jeans phenomenon. Not only are they frequently unflattering, but I tend to enjoy leaving the patterned pieces in my wardrobe to dresses, skirts, shirts, and all the other articles of clothing that don’t encase the legs. Printed sausage casings. No thanks!
Or so I thought…
A few weeks ago I went to the 7 For All Mankind showroom to peep some of their upcoming collections and ended up spending most of my time stalking this one girl wearing the pants you see me wearing in this very outfit post. As you might suspect, once I saw them it was only a matter of seconds before I harassed the aforementioned girl to find out who makes them and where I can find them. Turns out they’re by 7 – go figure – and within a few short weeks I was stepping into my very own pair. I admit they’re still a challenge for me to work with – horizontal stripes on the legs? Usually a major nono for me, but there’s something about those zig zags that I just couldn’t shy away from. And that my friends, is how printed jeans made their way into my closet. End scene.
// photos by Phoebe Dembs
Affordable Jewelry At Your Fingertips
Are you ready for a seriously intense shopping post? Good! Me too.
Last week I had a request from a reader to feature some affordable jewelry to add to her growing collection. Well, ask dear reader and you shall receive! I know what it’s like to see things in a store that are ridiculously expensive and feel like you’ll never be able to dress a certain way cause you don’t have the mula dula in your bankula (*read: insufficient funds in bank account). That’s where I come in.
Allow me to lend my personal shopper skills and show you a variety of bracelets, necklaces, and rings all for under $50! No scouring in the bargain bins for you, no siree!, these are pieces that I either own or am currently craving from a number of my favorite shops. Now lets go get our bling on! Exclamation points!!!
- BaubleBar Gold U Cuff – $26
- Asos Stud Bracelet – $26
- Need Supply Ikat Bracelet – $16
- Asos Arrow Drop Chain Bracelet – $18
- Forever21 Toggle Bracelet – $8 (I have this in red!)
- Urban Renewal Beaded Bracelet – $8
- Blu Bijoux Silver Crystal Cuff – $39
- Gorjana Astrology Charm Bracelet – $36
- Shashi Neon Nugget Bracelet – $22 (Just bought this exact one!)
- Asos Moustache Necklace – $10.74
- Modcloth Night Captivating Necklace – $25
- Miss Selfridge Silver Cutout Necklace – $12
- Rachel Rachel Roy Star & Moon Necklace – $38
- Forever21 Woven Chain Necklace – $6.80
- NastyGal Goldmine Collar – $18
- Modcloth Someone Special Necklace - $20
- Topshop Nail Tip Ring – $15
- French Connection Bee Ring – $32.23 (Insect jewelry lovers unite!)
- Mango Row Set Ring – $15
- Rachel Rachel Roy Libra Ring – $39
- Fashionology Silver Knuckle Claw Ring – $37
- CatBird Threadbare Rings – $44 each (I wear these everyday!)
- Urban Outfitters Bengal Bay Ring – $18
// first photo via Tommy Ton
Here’s a little glimpsey at what I wore on the third day of NYFW. I like to think of it as Crocodile Hunter meets Pamela Morrison with a side of coffee—literally. I’ve had those Zara wedges for about three years now, and truth be told I’d almost forgotten about them until I found them at the back of a shelf. Maybe I took the whole matching browns thing a little too far, but I actually like how they compliment each other.
As for the hat, nothing completes an outfit quite like a head topper. I’m convinced that you can be wearing one of the most basic outfits known to (wo)man, but if you throw a hat on top of that noggin of yours you’ll look like you own the sidewalk you’re walking on.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go tackle the mound of clothes on my floor. More NYFW posts coming soon to a Runway Hippie blog near you.