Posts tagged ‘brick red’
Red My Mind
When it comes to the color red I’ve always found that people either love it or hate it. I happen to be one of the people who loves the color. Perhaps it’s because it goes well with my hair and skin tone or because it’s really one of the only bright and bold colors I enjoy wearing, but either way I find myself constantly drawn to bright, robust reds. Give me a bold red lip, brick red bag (see here), or eye-catching red dress any day of the week and I’m set!
Thinking back to the Spring/Summer 2011 New York Fashion Week, I distinctly remember gushing over the poppy red accents in designer Adam Lippes’ ready-to-wear collection (see here) and a beautiful red chiffon dress by Rebecca Taylor (see here). Months later and those are still two of my biggest fashion standouts of New York Fashion Week. I think I shy away from red when I go shopping because I’m afraid of having too much of this bold color in my wardrobe, but I think it’s time I let that guard down and added a few more bright ruby reds to my closet.
- Topshop Sindy Red Bow Platform – $150
- Forzieri Leather Bomber Jacket – $890
- ADAM Silk Chiffon Skirt – $106
- French Connection Sydney Knit Sweater – $30
- Deborah Marquit French Lace Bra – $195
- Topshop Red Beaded Dress – $90
- Wayuu Taya Bucket Bag – $132
- Asos Burlington Argyle Socks – $17.24
- Deborah Lippmann Polish in Ruby Red Slippers – $18
- Free People Dainty Bow Skinny Belt – $32
- American Apparel Beret – $24