Posts tagged ‘cocktail dresses’
Dress Me, Please!
In exactly one month I will be in Miami for a friend’s wedding and I have no idea what to wear. Ok, lies. I have some ideas, but I’d love your input! While I
should could go the economical route and wear something I already have, that’s far too boring for me and the likes of Miami, not to mention that half the fun of such an event is having something new to wear!
I’ve narrowed down my disgustingly large wishlist of dresses to six pieces, and it’s from here that I’d like to leave the final selection in your hands. Seriously, if you don’t start barking out some choices I’m going to show up at the wedding in a paper bag that says “My Readers Made Me Wear This.” Just kidding, I’m already weird enough I don’t need to draw that kind of attention…
…moving forward, here are a few key notes to keep in mind: 1) Much against my will, I’m sure I’ll be hitting the dance floor so the ability to throw a high kick and do a back flip are a must. 2) Fingers crossed I’ll be able to apply enough self-tanner in time for the wedding, but in the likely chance that I won’t please remember my Casper resemblance. 3) There is no number three, but things sound better in threes so just go with it.
And now I ask you to pretty, pretty please tell me, which of these dresses should I wear!?
- Diane Von Furstenberg Crochet-Paneled Halterneck Dress – $425
- Tibi Pleated Silk Chiffon Dress – $550
- Vanessa Bruno Silk Appliquéd Dress – $484
- Halston Heritage Waterfall Silk-Chiffon Dress – $365
- Proenza Schouler Full Halter Dress – $1450 or $175 via Rent the Runway
- Helmut Lang Tetra Silk Printed Dress – $530
Perfect Party Dresses
Yesterday, after a quick glance at my schedule I realized that over the next few months I have an unreasonable amount of parties to attend that involve more than a pair of jeans and six pack of beer. From my Godmother’s summer party this weekend and the Fourth of July next weekend (when did that creep up on us?) to my brother’s engagement parties and rehearsal dinner in September, my wardrobe needs some serious sprucing up! While I have plenty of “appropriate” dresses, I think we can all agree that there’s nothing like finding the perfect dress for the perfect party. Many of the nicer dresses hanging in my closet have only been worn once or twice because they hold a memory of a certain party or occasion that I can’t bear to replace. And so my scavenger hunt for the next “perfect party dress(es)” begins, yet again.
As much as I love a good LBD, I try to save those for last minute occasions when I don’t have the time to go hunting for a new dress. So, for this year’s dress quest I’ve tried to find the exact opposite of the LBD. Bring on the bright colors, patterns and prints! – after all, we want to stand out at a party, right?
- Orion Red Floral Belted Dress – $160
- Diane Von Furstenberg Francia Silk Dress – $358
- Rachel Comey Stinger Dress – $437
- Topshop Tuck Shift Dress – $80
- Alice + Olivia Savannah Strapless Dress – $396
- Mara Hoffman Tribal Patterned Silk Dress – $442
- Alice + Olivia Sequined Silk Georgette Dress – $485
- No. 6 Cowl Neck Dress – $315
- Shoshanna Draped Strapless Dress – $363