Posts tagged ‘kiehl’s’
This week my Mom is coming to officially open up our house in Connecticut for the summer, which means that my beach/pool time is about to increase tenfold. And while I sit here cursing that box of crackers I just ate (seriously, it’s beach season – get it together, Sonia!), I also sit her rejoicing in all the goodies that come with a day by the water. Yes, barbecue is the first thing that comes to mind for me, but so do straw hats, colorful beach towels, the smell of sunblock, and most importantly, this awesome shark bag that I’m not sure I can withhold from buying much longer. Sharks are the reason I’m afraid to go in the ocean (and the deep end of the pool), but a plastic shark on land? now that’s a toothy fella’ I can get along with!
- Kate Spade Beach Towel
- Asos Flat Top Round Sunglasses
- Rag & Bone Bristol Straw Fedora
- Thakoon Addition Silk Playsuit
- Asos Rodnik Band Shark
- Topshop Coral Stripe Bandeau Bikini
- Madewell Jasper Sandals
- Anthropologie Alizarin Lattice Necklace
- MoroccanOil Treatment
- Kiehl’s Sunscreen
I am not known for primping myself to the max on a daily basis. That being said, there are a few products out there that I just cannot live without and use on a daily basis.
Clockwise from top left:
1. gloMinerals Eyeliner in Espresso – $19 – This is my favorite eyeliner out of all the eyeliners I have tried (and trust me I have tried a lot). It smudges just enough to give a natural look but doesn’t end up all over your face at the end of the day. The espresso color is also very natural looking and doesn’t dominate the eye like black sometimes does.
2. DiorShow Mascara in Black – $24 – This mascara is worth the money. It gives my eyelashes so much volume and length without making them look like I’ve glopped on the mascara. It’s just light enough that it gives the lashes a very natural look and really opens up the eye.
3. Nars Bronzer in Laguna – $30 – I have been using this bronzer for five years now. There is a slight sparkle in the powder that highlights my cheekbones and the laguna color “tans” my skin perfectly and naturally. This bronzer doesn’t get everywhere like most other ones and stays on my face throughout the day!
4. Kiehls Lip Balm SPF 15 in Hue 58B – $9.50 – This lip balm moisturizes and protects my lips from the sun while at the same time giving it a naturally redder hue. J’adore!
5. Kiehls Eye Make-up Remover – $16.50 – Wearing mascara and eyeliner everyday requires a strong make-up remover. Most of the make-up removers I have tried either sting my eyes or leave the area feeling greasy. Kiehl’s Supremely Gentle Eye Makeup Remover removes makeup quickly and also moisturizes the area. It doesn’t leave my eyes feeling icky but instead leaves them fresh, clean and makeup free.
6. Eucerin Anti-Redness Night Cream – $13.50 (find at any drugstore) – This is the perfect night cream for those dry crackly skin days. It soothes my skin and is light enough that it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing hand lotion on my face. And it’s at your local drugstore so it’s very easy to get!!
7. Sally Hershberger Style Primer – $12.50 (find at any drugstore or beauty supply store)- I don’t use this product everyday, but I use it often enough to include it in my daily beauty post. This primer is great for wavy hair, which I have. It’s perfect for days that are extra humid or days that your hair just doesn’t seem to want to cooperate. Just a little dollop and my waves are tamed and my hair isn’t crunchy or wet looking.
8. Bumble&Bumble Leave-In (Rinse Out) Conditioner – $21.00 – I use this product every single day. I apply it to wet clean hair and just let my hair air dry. It leaves my hair soft and frizz free!! A small amount goes a long way!!!
What are some of your favorite products??