Posts tagged ‘la mer collections’
Despite my sometimes eccentric taste, I’m all about accumulating the classics, especially when it comes to clothes. But how many simple white button downs can one own without feeling like a boring men’s wardrobe? — Hamish Bowles and Mick Jagger are obviously excluded from that last statement. Designers like Alexander Wang, Maison Martin Margiela, and J.Mendel are constantly taking classic silhouettes and updating them with a modern flare that can be found in everything from a shirt tail to paper shoes.
A lot of today’s trends put emphasis on wearing the most outlandish pieces or layering as much as possible (guilty!) but sometimes all it takes to achieve an interesting outfit is one statement piece that’s simultaneously subtle and classic. A navy blazer is a perfect replacement to the black JP Morgan suit piece and a bright orange lip can work just as many wonders as the red lip everyone can’t seem to get enough of (see for yourself here).
As I start to prep for the inevitable closet Spring cleanse, here are a few classic yet modern pieces that I hope to add to my wardrobe.
- Topshop Premium Tonic Blazer - $190
- Topshop Ditsy Leigh Jean - $80
- Carven Slingback Bow Pumps - $535
- Malene Birger Alexandrie Ostrich Feather Skirt – $545
- La Mer Collections Stingray Watch - $88
- French Connection Sarah Silk Classic Shirt – $148
- Rebecca Taylor Sweetheart Dress - $365
- MAC Lipstick in Morange - $14.50
- Proenza Schouler PS11 – $1,175
- Bijules Nail Ring – $186
- Clu Wool and Satin Tunic – $350
// first photo via tommy ton
With last week’s post on bracelet jumbles and my obvious obsession with rings, I thought it only appropriate to share my wrist and finger jewelry staples (and yes, I realize how weird ‘wrist and finger’ sounds…). While my jewelry always seems to be in an unorganized rotation, these pieces are a few that I haven’t changed in months. Although I do find that I seem to be adding to the daily jumble quite frequently, for example, the La Mer watch featured below is relatively new to my jewelry collection. I’ll keep you posted on what I add next!
• Tom Binns safety pin cuff, vintage sterling silver bracelet, vintage amber ring, Tom Binns birds nest ring, Andrea Lucille silver ring, Accessorize silver ring •